6.26.2010

picture frames turned into CUTE bulletin boards

real.e.random saturday project

my first "before & after" project to share with you...
{each saturday i will have a NEW before & after...
or "trash to treasure" type project}


garage sales...don't ya just love em!?!?

i got these rectangle frames for just 50 cents each and the oval framed mirror was just $1!!  i already had fabric & cream paint in my stash that i knew would work perfectly so the only other thing i needed was cork board.  well, while i was at the dollar store i found some foam board, so i thought i'd give it a try.  it worked perfectly!

the oval frame was that dark gold color before i painted it {i took a photo but can't seem to find which memory stick it is on!!!}  painted each one with cream paint and then sanded them down & added some stain to create this distressed look that i just love.

this piece of fabric is from amy butler...

i remember finding this fabric at jo-anns on clearance...
i just love the gray & yellow together!

i actually have these hanging in my craft area but since the area is currently a complete disaster...i will wait to show you them hanging on my wall until another day. 

so...all i spent on creating these lovely little framed bulletin boards is a mere $3.00!!
can you believe that!?!?
...................................
i love this quote that was sitting in my inbox today...
"Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly,
but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway."
~ Mary Kay Ash

thanks so much for stopping by...
enjoy
your weekend!!

8 comments:

Susan Westberg said...

Cute, cute stuff Eryn! I just love trash-to-treasure projects! I also love the quote ... it's one of my favorites because the bumblebee part reminds me of Brea (Bee) ... I always encourage her to do anything!

Poppit said...

Such a cool project - love it!

Melissa said...

That is really cool. Awesome idea! And--yes--I love garage sales!!!

StampinCathy said...

What a fabulous idea and what great gifts this would make. I just love garage sales. Love the colors of the frame and the fabrics are beautiful. Another awesome and inspiring idea.

Sara Henton said...

What an awesome idea!! Love this

Toni K said...

Love this idea! And thanks for the quote ;)

farmhouse-story said...

I love to go junking!-love, love, love these eryn!!

Anonymous said...

EEEEKKKKK!!!! I LOVE these :) We are in the process of making a desk area for my daughter and I HAVE to make her some of these....FABULOUS :)