6.11.2010

Decorating with my Donna Downey by Unity STAMPS!

Unity Stamps + Donna Downey =
the PERFECT combo for creating HOME DECOR!!

For some reason I have been inspired by a lot of home decor lately....
and in my attempt to create a more INSPIRED craft area, I figured why not use my Unity and create some items that INSPIRE me while I am creating! 

So for today...a little framed piece of art to sit on my crafting desk...
{I of course had to throw in my FAVE color turquoise!}


I am one of those people that saves everything because I just KNOW someday I will have a UNIQUE & NEW use for it...so that is why I have lots of PAPER BAGS stashed away in my craft area...because look at how perfect the paper bag looks in this frame...
who woulda thought, huh! 

Don't you just LOVE this quote...it's so RIGHT ON!
I just used a piece of fabric I had in my stash and stamped it with the Unity Black Noir {hybrid} Ink...
{which can be purchased from an ippity chick!}

The little charm I added says "DREAM"
To create this "shadowing" effect I first stamped the flower on a piece of scratch paper...then re-inked it and stamped it over again on top of the "shadowed" one...and then just repeated until I got the desired look I was going for.

How SIMPLE is that!?!?

 
The Unity Stamps I used can be purchased on Donna's site...
{plus SO MANY MORE!}
The Artist in You {the sentiment}

THANKS for stopping by...
ENJOY your weekend!

CHECK out everyone else's creations today at the Unity Blog!
{plus hidden in one of the FWF posts is a chance for YOU to win 25 random UNITY STAMPS!!}

13 comments:

Suzi said...

Wow! This is great. And really simple. I may have to try this....

jennifer mitten said...

Great idea!

StampinCathy said...

Love this! What a perfect saying to have where you craft. You are so creative.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful~~

Unknown said...

wow, this is so kool!

Anonymous said...

lovely card x

farmhouse-story said...

really sweet, eryn! tfs!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Love the fabric, charm and fabulous look of the paper! Great creation, Eryn!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

I'm so gonna have that set! Beautiful project.

Katie said...

Love this!! Such a great idea and the fabric adds such fun detail!

Kate said...

Gorgeous :0) Im glad im not the only one who saves paper bags lol.
Kate x

shuggy said...

so cool!

Kimme said...

I've been using fabric on my cards lately too....it's so fun. Great job!