5.31.2010

{ippity} cards for Operation Write Home!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!
I hope you have ENJOYED your Memorial Day weekend and that you have been able to spend LOTS of time with your family!  I have thoroughly been enjoying my weekend with my family!  We always open up our family cabin and I get to spend time with FAMILY that I don't typically get to see as often as I would like. PLUS my nephew's and niece just LOVE the lake so we have now played croquet, kayaked, walked & talked, looked for fish, laughed & laughed, eaten great food, and simply just enjoyed each other's company!
SO much FUN!  :)



Kelly is our hostess this week and has come up with a wonderful challenge!
the Challenge:
Create an {ippity} Project that can be sent to
OPERATION WRITE HOME
&
Using the colors...RED. WHITE. & BLUE.
{more details on the ippity blog today!}

Have you heard of Operation Write Home?
It is SO WONDERFUL what they do...
they collect hand made cards that the soldier's can then use to send home to their loved ones!
How AWESOME is that!!!
You have to check out their site because they
share SO MUCH more!!


Here is my project for today....
Get this!!!
I did a little garage saling this past weekend and found
PAPER CRAFTING SUPPLIES!!
Can you BELIEVE THAT!?!
I got the STAR punch that you see here
and also the CIRCLE punch
{the one I had broke so this was perfect!}

Supplies:
{ippity} Stamps from Regal Greetings, What Matters Most, and A Bit of Burlap
October Afternoon Paper {found in the Spring 2010 {ippity} paper pack}


 A HUGE heartfelt thank you to ALL of our SERVICE 
men & women and their families!!
My prayers are with you always!

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
 ~Lee Greenwood

16 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card and just perfect for the OWH.

Heather said...

Wow Eryn! What a wonderful card. So unique and well thought out! LOVE the details! Fabu!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!!!! This is so fabulous, I can't even stand it. I love that you used the one day at a time and missing you together!!! Genius! Wonderful card!

lisa a.

Karen said...

WOW Eryn..I love all the wonderful punches on your card. Everything flows so beautifully!! Enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend!

Hugs,
Karen

Karen said...

WOW Eryn..I love all the wonderful punches on your card. Everything flows so beautifully!! Enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend!

Hugs,
Karen

Sarah said...

Love your card Eyrn!

Andrea said...

how wonderful! love the design and colors!

Poppit said...

Gorgeous Eryn, and the 'missing you' sentiment works perfectly with the 'one day at a time' sentiments. Thanks for the inspiration

Carisa said...

i love this - it's perfect!!! and great garage sale finds!!

farmhouse-story said...

the sentiments and your design are so perfect together--love it, eryn:)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fab card, Eryn! Hooray on the garage sale finds! I never have any luck finding crafty stuff at garage sales! :D

Lone Pine Designs said...

Nicely done...great find at the garage sale!

Gwen said...

Great card, Eryn! Great find on the punches, too! Happy Mem. Day to you and yours.

Unknown said...

What fantastic finds are the garage sales Eryn! I love these colors with kraft...you sure know how to create eye catching cards...love it!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a great card Eryn once again and the sentiment is so perfect!!!!

Kelly Mahany said...

What a very cool card Eryn!! Some special person is going to love getting this!! It is the perfect sentiment for separated loved ones to remember!